Commercial and Trade Law
Our attorneys have a deep appreciation of the legal and economic circumstances underlying all trade.
ab&d Rechtsanwälte provides advice on all questions associated with purchase, supply and sales agreements, legislation on sales representatives and commercial brokers, shipping and warehousing contracts, and insurance and factoring contracts. Our work includes the drafting and examination of contracts, general terms and conditions of business (GTB) and representation to secure the enforcement if your claims, both out of court and before the courts.
Our commercial law work focuses on:
- Advice and representation in the field of trading names under the German Commercial Code (HGB), including entry in the register of trade;
- Qualification and obligations as a commercial merchant;
- Commercial transactions and the sale of consumer goods under the German Commercial and Civil Codes;
- (International) law on sales representatives, authorised dealers and distribution chains;
- Warranties under purchase legislation and claims for compensation, including under the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG);
- Product liability law;
- Insurance contracts;
- National and international shipping and forwarding agreements
- Advice and representation on e-commerce;
- Drafting and revision of general terms and conditions of business;
- Representation before the courts throughout Germany.
Our advice also meets the particular legal challenges of globalised, digitised commercial and business traffic, thanks to the up-to-date, modern facilities of the practice. In this networked world, domestic law, including German international private law, is complemented by international rules, such as CISG. Proper application of these rules can provide businesses with numerous positive regulatory options, provided that they receive needs-focused legal advice.