Advice on start-ups
The establishment of a new business opens up vast room for manoeuvre in implementing personal ideas, but it is also fraught with hazard: legal pitfalls may present a considerable financial risk to the founders, investors and the business (start-up) itself.
This is why all the stakeholders need not only courage and ideas, but primarily professional advice. This is particularly applicable to the self-employed. Correct organisation and course-setting in the start-up phase provide the best conditions for the success of your business or investment.
ab&d Rechtsanwälte is well connected in the start-up scene of Berlin and have specialised in comprehensive legal advice for the self-employed, investors and start-ups in connection with the establishment and expansion of businesses. Our advice, in which we constantly consider our clients' business objectives and growth strategy, focuses on the following areas:
- We present our clients with possible forms of business and draft tailor-made articles of association;
- We advise and represent founders and start-ups when raising venture capital (VC), including drafting participation agreements;
- We advise business angels and venture capitalists on legally-compliant hedging of their investment suitable for their interests;
- We provide advice and drafts in relation to employee participation programmes and stock option plans;
- We advise our clients on the necessary official licences (e.g. tavern liquor license or general business license) and assert claims for their grant;
- We examine the possibility of protecting business ideas, the results of work and product and business names, and take the steps required to obtain protection (e.g. by registering a trademark);
- We support founders in developing a legally-compliant website; In particular, we help with the design of webshops, e.g. by providing the GTB, the imprint, the data protection declaration and an effective management system.
- We support the development and establishment of sales systems and marketing campaigns;
- We examine and draft necessary contracts of every description (e.g. tenancy, supply, purchasing and licence agreements).
- We also work with selected experts - accountants, auditors, management consultants and notaries, to provide our clients with comprehensive project support from a one-stop shop, e.g. also from the perspective of tax advice.